September 20, 2019
Back To School Prep With Our Storage Tips
Back to school and cooler weather, after a summer of fun is it time to get ready for the next season? Local storage in Frederick MD and organization tips from our professional may be the solution to help the kids have a great school year and get your home in order for winter. Bowman Plans Self Storage is gearing up for winter weather with a few tips for storing your items.
Pack summer equipment away and bring out the winter tools. We will help you prepare for fall!
What To Store in Seasonal Storage
- Lawnmowers: remove gas from the tank before storing it. Flammable liquids are not permitted in storage.
- Camping Gear: Waterproof the tent and clean out the cooler. Leave the cooler open to keep moisture from building.
- Summer Toys: The peddle bike needs air in the tires and grease on the chain before long term storage.
- Clothing: Use InStyle’s article to pack away your favorite summer outfits so you can enjoy them next year.
- RV storage: Clean out the camper and purchase wheel chocks to give your brakes a break.
School Year To-Do List
- Get the kids in the habit of homework right after school with a spot devoted to their work.
- Keep school supplies on hand for those last minute projects.
- Set an alarm for kids to get up, pack book bags, and make it to the bus on time.
- Make Sunday the organization day and lay outfits out ahead of time. Hanging shoe racks can be a great way to stay organized.
- Label water bottles and lunch boxes so these things do not get mixed up on the bus.
Bowman Plains Self Storage is your solution for extra space because we are a local storage facility in Frederick MD! You can rent your storage unit online and pay your bill online too. We aim to make finding storage simple, give us a call today or stop by anytime.